Business Minister Fashola: No Plan to Reverse Privatization of Power Sector

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Power Minister, Babatunde Fashola has stated that the federal government would not reverse the privatization of the power sector.

“I have discussions about revisiting the privatisation of power. Honestly, I don’t know what it means. I like those who are pushing the argument to come out and have discussion with us.

“If revisiting the agreement means cancelling it, I won’t support. The investors who took the risk must have the assurance that government will not flip-flop.

“A contract that fails has consequences not only for the investors, but on both sides. I don’t believe in revoking contracts. Like politicians meet at nights, investors also meet themselves and talk every day. Once they see the government cancels contract signed with one of them, they will call on others to pack their bags and leave.

“This government will respect and uphold the contracts it has committed to and inherited. If there are issues with the contracts, the umpire is the judiciary.”

Attachments

• fashola buhari.jpg
    fashola buhari.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
Since it is working much better than it was under the government. The private sector know how to run things. That is why we have AMCON :)

Back