Sports Neymar Wants CR7 At Barcelona; Read Why

Barcelona forward, Neymar, has disclosed that he would rather have Cristiano Ronaldo come to the Nou Camp instead of going the other way round.

The former Santos forward came third behind Lionel Messi and Ronaldo at the 2015 FIFA ballon d'Or, but said feels the Real Madrid star should join Barca when his contract expires in 2018.

The 31-year-old has been linked with Paris Saint-Germain and a move to MLS at the end of his career.

"I'm a fan of Cristiano; he's a legend, one of a kind. It would be very good if he played for Barcelona," he told A Bola.

Neymar himself has been tipped to leave the Catalans this summer and has reportedly been the subject of interest from Manchester United.

Manchester City are also rumoured suitors, with former Barca boss Pep Guardiola set to take charge at the Etihad when he leaves Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

Neymar was asked for his thoughts on Guardiola and Jose Mourinho, following reports the latter of the pair could try to sign him if he replaces Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.

"I admire them both, I've been following both of their paths for some time. But my coach is Luis Enrique and I defend Barcelona," he said.

Neymar has formed arguably the world's best forward line alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.

But he says the rest of his team-mates deserve credit and hopes the club can retain the Champions League.

"I think the team is not only this trident, we can be considered one of the best in history," he said. "I love playing with my team-mates and I feel very proud to be part of this team.

"It's difficult [to defend the Champions League], there are great teams, as good as Barcelona. I can only guarantee that we won't lack the determination to try." Goal

Attachments

• Neymar.jpg
    Neymar.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 14
Back