Sports NFF Secretary General warns Rangers about taking CAF to CAS

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

View attachment 49 Secretary-general of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) Musa Amadu,has warned Nigerian league side Rangers International,against their proposed plan of taking CAF to court.
Rangers last week revealed that they intend to take the Confederation of African Football(CAF) to court,over their disqualification from the Confederations Cup.
“I do not see any sense in Rangers taking CAF to CAS. I will advise against it because it will not achieve anything meaningful. CAS cannot say that CS Faxien should stop playing their match and the best I think they can get is maybe a monetary compensation should they win the case,” Amadu was quoted as saying on Vanguard Sports.
Amadu however added that CAF,were to quick to pass judgement:“CAF were too hasty in the way they quickly banned Rangers from the Confederations Cup, even before the hearing of the Appeals Committee. They should have waited for the Committee’s report before taking their action” he added.
It was a difficult week for Rangers to endure as two of their players,were this week banned by the NFF,following their harrasment of a match official in a league game.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Back