Metro Nigeria: Police Arrest Thieves Who Specialize in Robbing Corrupt Politicians

L

LequteMan

A robbery gang who reportedly specialize in stealing from corrupt politicians in Abuja, Kano and Kogi states has been arrested by the Nigerian police.

Rekia Musa, a divorcee and Accounting graduate of the Kogi State University, is the "spokesman and informant of the group." She said she joined the gang four months ago.

The police said the gang had links with Zakeria Isiaka a robbery suspect who claimed he could have become Kogi State Chief Security Officer if APC's Abubakar Audu, did not die. He was recently arrested by authorities.

Others arrested along with Musa, the informant are Ismaila Abdulmumuni, Abu-Amidu Disu, Tenimu Musa, Boniface David, Aliu Isah and Danjuma Cyprian.

The suspects confessed to have carried out several robbery operations, including an April 2015 operation in Abuja where about N200m was stolen from some politicians.

“I thought targetting politicians who have stolen government money was a good idea because I was broke," Musa said, concerning a failed operation to rob a Kano politician.

"Few days later, Isah got another piece of information about an immigration officer based in Lagos, who had stolen government money.

“I contacted my gang and we went to the man’s house and robbed him. But we didn’t get as much money as Isah told us the man had at home.”

Punch

Attachments

• Hajia.jpg
    Hajia.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 24
Back