Metro Nigeria: What Police Officers Are Saying About Evans' 'Disappearance'

L

LequteMan

A report from The Sun newspaper claims the notorious kidnapper simply known as Evans has vanished from police custody.

Evans has been terrorising many states in the nation and was nabbed a few months ago.

The police usually parade him frequently, with the kidnapper speaking to the press almost on a daily basis. However, for the past few days, things have suddenly gone quiet.

According to The Sun's report, police officers now don't know where the kidnap kingpin is.

It's reported that he was moved from Lagos to Abuja by 30 heavily armed policemen recently. Since then, nothing have been heard about him.

A police source said he's not allowed to speak to the press anymore.

Here's what police officers are saying:

“He has not been returned since he was moved out. Evans is a broken man; police can’t resort to extra-judicial killings at this point. He is cooperating, and he is ready to help return all his ill-gotten wealth as soon as possible”, one of the officers said.

Another reliable source at the police command added:

“Evans is not an ordinary criminal. I guess that they took him out for further investigation but I don’t know why they are yet to return him to his cell.”

“No one is planning to kill Evans. I believe that they will return him later. He could be in any good cell in the state for security reasons, but I can assure you that he is not dead yet. Even if anything happens to him, if he dies in custody, it will be as a result of cancer which he claims he is suffering from.”

A senior police officer spoke anonymously:

“He is okay and seriously cooperating with the police in its investigation. From the look of things, he might not spend up to three months in detention before he’s charged to court. As for his location, I assure you that he is in a protective custody somewhere out of town.”

He also said Evans is a very very notorious criminal (emphasis on the "very").

“Within the short period that he spent in our cell, he is already controlling inmates in the cell. They fear and respect him; we do not want to run the risk of allowing him to form another notorious group which is common amongst them.”

The police is yet to issue a statement officially to confirm or deny the report but they need to issue a statement quickly to put things straight.

The Lagos state's police commissioner, Fatai Owoseni, is yet to comment and the Nigeria police's twitter page has been idle for 6 days.

Attachments

• evans2.jpg
    evans2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
predictable! If true, What a shame this will come as no surprise to Nigerians
I saw this coming.

This is stage 1- Media silence.
Stage 2 is exchange of Ghana Must Go bags.
Stage 3 is Byebye Evans.

Sounds like the track list of an album from African China.

I saw this coming.

This is stage 1- Media silence.
Stage 2 is exchange of Ghana Must Go bags.
Stage 3 is Byebye Evans.

Sounds like the track list of an album from African China.

It will be circularly -cursa, brother. On a repeat mode.

Back