Politics Nigeria: Why I Am Calling For Revolution - Maitama Sule

P

ProfRem

An elder statesman and Nigeria’s former Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Maitama Sule, has called for revolution in the country in order to return it to the path of development.

He disclosed this on Tuesday when Shehu Sani, the senator representing Kaduna Central senatorial district, visited him in Kano.

Mr. Sule, 87, said the country was in dire need of leadership, insisting that it would not get sincere leaders unless a bloodless revolution took place.

He explained that the revolution would have to be in form of re-orientation and change of attitude by Nigerians.

MaitamaSule.JPG

“What we need today in Nigeria is leadership, not only Nigeria but also the rest of Africa needs good leadership. We want leadership, not ruler-ship,” he said.

“We want leaders, not rulers; leaders with the fear of God. Leaders will not lie, leader will accept in public what they have accepted in secret, leaders with a vision, not a blurred vision, leaders will look at the lot of common man with the eyes of a patriot, not with the eye of a privilege few.

“We want leaders who believe that…… not those who will want to sit tight and remain there until death do us part like church marriage. We must have such leaders to turn the table…..revive the past glory of Nigeria. In order to have such leaders, we must have a revolution.

The elder statesman noted that throughout history, the most successful organisations were the ones that had the combination of the young and old generation running them.

Your idea is a good one but the question i want to ask is; when the time comes are you ready to stand by your call? Will you allow your children to be part of it or you will flown then abroad?

Your idea is a good one but the question i want to ask is; when the time comes are you ready to stand by your call? Will you allow your children to be part of it or you will flown then abroad?
Dont mind him..Bloody or bloodless revolution....No one is cool for mankind and always with a negative conseq

Back