Metro Nigerians Lash At Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi For Bowing To Greet Saraki

P

ProfRem

Nigerians have lashed out at the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi for the disrepecting the royal authority while bowing to greet the Senate Presidrnt, Bukola Saraki.

The picture, trending online shows Oba Ogunwusi bowing to greet the National Assembly leader at the Dabira and Governor Amosun's children wedding:

See photo:

Oonisaraki1.JPG

OoniSaraki.JPG

ooniSaraki2.JPG

Is anything wrong with the way Ooni of Ife greeted the Senate leader?

Attachments

• oonisaraki3.JPG
    oonisaraki3.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 34
The Ooni in question is just trying to accord due respect to his elder,to me it's mark of loyalty, I personally cherish his attitude, if Nigerian politicians will emulate from this high ranked royal father,we will go a long way.

The Ooni in question is just trying to accord due respect to his elder,to me it's mark of loyalty, I personally cherish his attitude, if Nigerian politicians will emulate from this high ranked royal father,we will go a long way.

Let us just call it out and say he made a mistake and moved on. He is representing the stool not himself when he is out and about. I am sure he was just remembering the days before he was the Ooni. It will not happen again.

It is good to show respect to elders but I don't think not with his position.

No wonder Ọba Akiolu disrespected him.

I think he was not properly schooled on behavioural approach on the stoll he represents. Ooni is the leader of the Yoruba race and doesn`t bow to anyone except God. This is not a courtesy greeting at all.

Back