Metro Nnamdi Kanu Speaks With Al-Jazeera, Breaks Another Bail Term

A

abujagirl

Nnamdi Kanu, Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra on Tuesday broke another of his bail term by granting an interview to Aljazeera during the commemoration of the 50th year of Biafra.

nnamdi kanu.jpg

According to the media house, when asked if he is worried that he will get in trouble with the Nigerian authorities for speaking to Al Jazeera the Biafran leader scoffed, "I don't care," and rolled his eyes.

"I can't go outside to call for a press conference. I can't go on Biafra Radio to broadcast. I can't allow large [groups of] people to basically congregate outside to see me … it's like asking me not to breathe," Kanu told Aljazeera.

Speaking on his frustrations with Nigeria, Kanu said, ''I'm not allowed to contest for the presidency of Nigeria because I'm Igbo. I'm not allowed to aspire to become the inspector general of police because I'm Igbo. I'm not allowed to become chief of army staff because I'm Igbo.

''What sort of stupid country is that?" Kanu asks. "Why would any idiot want me to be in that sort of country?"

Back