Sports Osaze Odemwingie commends Stoke City fans for standing by him

Super Eagles of Nigeria striker, Peter Odemwingie has commended Stoke City fans for the "faith and love" shown to him during his trying times adding that he will give his best to help the club in the coming season.

The 33-year old Nigerian was out of action for over Eight months in last season leaving him with just a very few appearances for the Potters.

Odemwingie.jpg
Osaze, who returned to action against Sunderland in April signed a one-year extension with the Britannia Stadium outfit which will keep him at the club until June 2016.

"My priority has always been Stoke City and the biggest thing for me is to give something back to the club and the supporters," Odemwingie told Stokesentinel.

"I really want to repay the fans here because they really got behind me and that is something I will never forget.

"I didn't want to leave on a note like this, I started very well here and I want to have a good season this year, which I have every faith in doing.

"The motivation for me is to help this club improve and make the fans happy, Mark Hughes has big ambitions and hopefully we can do better in one of the cup competitions while maintaining a top half finish.

"I'm really glad to have been a part of this club over the last two years and now I am really happy that I can play a bigger part in helping Stoke improve even more,” he concluded.

Odemwingie is the first Stoke City player ever to score at the Fifa World Cup courtesy of his strike against Bosnia. Goal

Back