Sports Real Madrid tried to sign me but I chose Barcelona- Luis Suarez

Uruguay striker, Luis Suarez has revealed that Real Madrid tried to signed him before making his "dream" move to Barcelona.

The former Liverpool player joined the Camp Nou outfit last July in an €81 million deal, but has confirmed to 'El Partido de las 12' that the Catalans' huge rivals had also shown an interest.

"Yes, I spoke to them but said 'later'. They wanted me, but my dream was here," said the 28-year-old.

"When I heard the name 'Barcelona' I didn't hesitate. Honestly, I never imagined Barcelona would come in and had no doubts at all once they did.

"You never know what can happen in football but luckily I stuck around for Barca, which was what I wanted. It was the fulfilment of a dream I had had for so long."

Suarez, who had issues at the beginning of her career at Barcelona following his four-month ban from all competition said he was excited he's finally found his scoring form for the club.

"It wasn't that I had anxiety, but I felt like I had won a prize in a lottery and couldn't enjoy having fulfilled my dream," he added.

"I felt like I had been invited to play rather but slowly that disappeared. Once I was alongside my peers I felt more comfortable."

Barcelona are on course to win an historic treble, having opened up a four-point lead at the top of La Liga and progressed to the final of the Copa del Rey and the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

But Suarez insists there has been no talk of a clean sweep amongst the Barca players.

"No, I tell you sincerely that we are not talking in the dressing room about winning three titles.

"We are in the race for three trophies. We have the Copa final, which we will forget now until May 30; the league depends on ourselves and we must think game by game because every game is difficult.

"The Champions is not a lottery, but at this stage the best teams are in contention and anyone can challenge.

"You just do not know what can happen."

Barca travel to Sevilla for their next La Liga fixture on Saturday, then face Paris Saint-Germain away from home on Wednesday in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final. goal
Luis Suarez.jpg

Back