Politics Should FEC Declare President Buhari Unfit To Rule?

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari has been out of office for over 60 days in 2017 for a treament of an undisclosed medical attention in the United Kingdom.

The President, while leaving, handed over power to the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, to coordinate the affairs of the government.

On Monday, the governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose called on the Federal Executive Council, FEC, to invoke Section 144 of the 1999 Constitution against President Muhammadu Buhari by passing a resolution declaring him incapable of discharging the functions of his office.

fec os2.JPG

Fayose said it was unacceptable for a president to be out of the country for 113 out 191 days in 2017, taking care of his health.

The FEC will meet tomorrow and do you think it is high time the Ministers and cabinet of the government declare Mr. Buhari to unfit rule the country owing to his health attention?

If we take a long term view, the answer is pretty simple and will be an emphatic YES!

The current situation is the template for your future leaders and they now know the boundaries. There is no point shouting about politicians if the president can go missing for such a long time. This is nothing to do with his health. I wish the president a speedy recovery but there are also 180 million lives at stake.

In addition, regardless of what Osibanjo does, for me they are all tarnished by the incident. Can you imagine what the learned and media men would have done if it was GEJ in this position?

If we take a long term view, the answer is pretty simple and will be an emphatic YES!

The current situation is the template for your future leaders and they now know the boundaries. There is no point shouting about politicians if the president can go missing for such a long time. This is nothing to do with his health. I wish the president a speedy recovery but there are also 180 million lives at stake.

In addition, regardless of what Osibanjo does, for me they are all tarnished by the incident. Can you imagine what the learned and media men would have done if it was GEJ in this position?
I though we have learnt a lot from the Yaradua case but actually we learnt too little. This is the kind of situations that lawmaking and constitutional ammendment should have forseen.

Who will bell the cat? I would have suggested that we take the ethical approach, but with 'who'? ...empty as the air and as barren as the desert!

Back