Sports Steph Curry Likens Himself To Argentine's Lionel Messi

Golden State Warriors star, Steph Curry has likened his creativity in the NBA to that of Argentine's Lionel Messi, saying he is a big fan of the Barcelona striker.

Curry is the league's Most Valuable Player and has helped the his side set a record for the longest unbeaten start in NBA history.

The point guard believes he has the same "creative flair" as four-time world footballer of the year Messi, 28.

"I love watching him play," Curry, 27, told BBC World Service.

Earlier this year, Curry broke the NBA's three-pointer record by landing 286 in the regular season - surpassing his own record of 272.

He scored 24 points against the Lakers on Tuesday to extend the Warriors' unbeaten run to 16.

Messi, meanwhile, is Barcelona's all-time top scorer with 448 goals, and holds the record for the most La Liga goals scored in a season (50).

"We both have a creative style, where it's just about a feel when you're out on the pitch or the court," Curry said.

"I try to do some fancy things out there with both hands, making crossover moves and kind of having a certain creativity and flair to my game.

"And that's definitely the style that Messi has when he's out there in his matches." BBC

steph.jpg

Back