Metro Stop Condemning Nigeria - Olawumi tells Corps Members

P

ProfRem

The Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier-General Johnson Olawumi, has advised corps members to stop condemning Nigeria as citizens from other countries will no doubt join them in bringing down the country.

The NYSC DG gave the advice while addressing the corps members during his visit to the 2015 Batch ‘B’ Stream I Orientation Course at the NYSC Orientation Camp, in Sagamu, on Tuesday.

olawumi.jpg

Olawumi noted that the need for corps members to desist from acts that can bring Nigeria to disrepute in the face of international communities became necessary so that the country will be free from negative perception it has been suffering from in the past.

He said:”You must be loyal to your country, Stop condemning your country because if you keep on condemning your country, others will also join you to do same. Don’t say negative things about your leaders because very soon you will also become leaders in this country and that time the younger generation will do the same thing to you that is if you don’t stop the act now.”

While using himself as a reference point, Olawumi said hard work was responsible for his achievements so far in life. He called on the corps members to be hardworking as this remains the only key to success.

“Hardwork is responsible for my achievements in life. What you need now is to have right mental attitude to take you to the top. Beginning from now, I want to tell you that the way you work will determine how far you will go in life. So, I urge you to make hard work your watchword.”

The Ogun State Coordinator of NYSC, Mr James Afolayan, in his welcome address, described the DG’s visit as highly inspirational and will spur the corps members and camp officials to greater performance, thereby culminating in a successful orientation course.

Source: Tribune

Back