Metro The Nigerian Millionaire Who Wants To Negotiate With Boko Haram -Forbes

A

abujagirl

When Orji Uzor Kalu, jet-setting Nigerian businessman and controversial politician is in Abuja, he usually spends most of his time at his sprawling mansion which is located a few minutes’ drive away from the Aso Rock Presidential Villa, the official residence of Nigeria’s President. It’s easily one of the most glamorous homes in Nigeria, and even comes with its own church.

The house is a Mecca of sorts. Highflying politicians, senior executives at his conglomerate, diplomats, private bankers and hangers-on typically have to wait for hours to get an audience with the man. When I meet him on a crisp afternoon in May, he’s relaxing his frame on a couch in the dining room, chatting with senior executives from one of his companies.

Orji Uzor Kalu is as eccentric as he is charismatic. When I enter his dining room, he sizes me up quizzically for seconds, and then spontaneously welcomes me heartily to his home in my local dialect before offering a seat directly opposite him. In less than a minute of meeting him, he immediately switches to discuss the state of Nigerian affairs. He had only returned from London a night before, and on his arrival, a group of Journalists at the International Airport in Lagos had asked him to comment on Nigeria’s security situation. He loses all reticence when he talks about Nigerian affairs, and Kalu, who has always had a predilection for uttering provocative statements, had declared that Nigeria’s President, Goodluck Jonathan could become the country’s last president. He is a newsmaker, and sure enough his statement had made it to the front pages of some of Nigeria’s major newspapers on this day.

Click here to read more

SOURCE: #Forbes

#OrjiUzorKalu #Abia #Lagos #GoodluckJonathan

ORJI UZOR.jpg

Back