Metro What Actually Happened – Pastor Who Got Stuck at Ogun Shrine Finally Speaks

kemi

Social Member
There was a new twist yesterday in the case of the pastor who reportedly destroyed a shrine at Ketu community, Ayetoro in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State as the cleric denied being overpowered by diabolical means.

ogun pastor.jpg

The pastor, Evangelist Wale Fagbere, said contrary to media reports that he was transfixed, he only stood still and kept mute in accordance with instructions from God. Speaking at a press conference organised by the state chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Abeokuta, Fagbere disclosed that he deliberately waited at the shrine for the traditionalists to see him.

The cleric, who allegedly destroyed the shrine last week, was arraigned by the police at Ayetoro Chief Magistrates’ Court for malicious damage and conduct likely to cause breach of peace. But recounting his ordeal, Fagbere, who ministered at Christ Apostolic Church (Ona- Iye) in Ayetoro, said the traditionalists allegedly beat him with charms.

He, however, said the charms did not have any effect on him just as he expressed commitment to delivering the town of Ayetoro from “darkness”. He said: “About what happened at Ayetoro, it was from God and direction from Holy Spirit for the deliverance of Ayetoro from darkness.

“God told me that I should go to the shrine to bring out those things for the liberation of Ayetoro. When I started what God told me, He told me to do three things in the shrine.

“That is, when I get there I should evacuate, I should step aside and watch the film. I should not say anything when people come out to see me. So, I did as instructed by God on that 20th of September.

“I got there around 5a.m. and after I took out those things, God told me to wait and stay and I did. God also told me to keep quiet. It was not their gods that held me; it was the idol worshippers that struck me with their charms.”

“I got there around 5a.m. and after I took out those things, God told me to wait and stay and I did. God also told me to keep quiet. It was not their gods that held me; it was the idol worshippers that struck me with their charms.”

Ride on Pastor... You can still go back :)

Back