Politics Wike Says He'll Campaign For Whoever Wins PDP Rivers Ticket

A

abujagirl

Former minister of state for education, Nyesom Wike on Thursday said that he'll volunteer as campaign manager for whoever wins the governorship primaries of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Rivers state.

Wike who is also in the governorship race made the comment during his recent appearance on Africa Independent Television (AIT) programme, "Focus Nigeria".

Wike said, "What matters is that after the governorship primaries, if I do not win, I will volunteer to be the campaign manager of whoever wins. I also expect that if I win, those who might have lost should be part of what we will be doing, as loyal party persons. It is not just about if Wike emerges. What of if you emerge, why won’t I support you?"

The former minister also said that the elections won't be easy.

"The elections will not be a walkover, but PDP will still win in Rivers State. What will you tell Rivers people not to vote for President Jonathan? PDP will win the governorship and presidential elections in Rivers State. PDP is still on the ground in Rivers State. Almost 20 governorship aspirants have picked PDP’s expression of intent and nomination forms. It is not a do-or-die affair", Wike said.

#Wike #PDP #Rivers

wike.jpg

Back