Politics APC Presidential Primaries: No First Lady For Nigeria If Kwankwaso Becomes President

A

abujagirl

If Kano state Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso wins the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress, APC today and moves on to win the 2015 presidential election, Nigeria will nolonger have a first lady.

Kano state which Kwankwaso presently governs does not have a first lady because "the office of the first lady is not in the constitution".

In a November 3, 2013 interview with DAILY TRUST, Kwankwaso was quoted saying, "I am sure the position of first lady is not in the constitution. So it is first things first. First of all, my wife is my wife – the wife to Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso. Secondly, if you like, she is the wife to the Governor of Kano State.

"But I am not saying that others should think the way I think. My wife doesn’t go to any ministry. I don’t allow commissioners to go to my wife. In any case, if my wife has the governor at her disposal anytime, why would she need a commissioner? I told my wife, “If you want anything in government, tell me.” But she knows - and everybody knows - that I cannot steal anything in government and bring to her. If there is anything genuine that everybody is entitled to, then she can also go for it.

"To me, creating an office of the first lady endangers the wife by exposing her to all sorts of risks – the inherent problems associated with politics, leadership, etc. If you put all your eggs in one basket, you end up in one problem or the other. Also, if you have people who have not gone through the system – like our wives – they may create one problem or the other for themselves. Sometimes, if you cannot fell the tree, you go for the branches because they are very easy to cut and fell. That is why you should not give your enemies that opportunity. We have people who cannot come to terms with marking buildings with Kwankwasiyya, what would they do if they catch my wife stealing public money?", the Governor queried.

Do you agree with Kwankwaso's view on first ladies?

#Kano #Kwankwaso #APC

Rabiu Kwankwaso.jpg

Kano constitution doesn't create room for a first lady but the president must have a first lady. So, if Kwankwaso becomes the president one day, his wife will have to step up...or he'd haveta rent a First Lady.

M available :)

You need a copy of the Nigerian Constitution, we'll discuss some more after you read it

That's a very dumb thing to say.

If the constitution says presidents shouldn't have a first lady, how do you explain Stella Obasanjo and the rest?

Get a Brighter Grammar first...and then you'll be able to contribute logically.

There's a misunderstanding of phrasing here. Perhaps instead of 'The president must not have a first lady,' Jules might have said 'It isn't compulsory/necessary for a President to have a First Lady.'

That's a very dumb thing to say.

If the constitution says presidents shouldn't have a first lady, how do you explain Stella Obasanjo and the rest?

Get a Brighter Grammar first...and then you'll be able to contribute logically.
Nigerian leaders have been known to over step the constitution ; get a copy sweetie

There's a misunderstanding of phrasing here. Perhaps instead of 'The president must not have a first lady,' Jules might have said 'It isn't compulsory/necessary for a President to have a First Lady.'
No constitutional backing for the office of the first lady...

God bless you. That Jews lady really needs a Brighter Grammar

Back