Sports Keshi should have invited Obafemi Martins just like Ik Uche - James Peters

James Peters is delighted that Stephen Keshi has recalled Ikechukwu Uche to the Super Eagles national team, but thinks Obafemi Martins equally deserves a shot back in the squad .

" Uche's return to the Eagles is a good development and I hope he'll live up to the billing, because Nigerians have clamoured for his return so much" Peters was quoted as saying by Daily Independent.

And Peters believes that it was the pressures mounted on Keshi that led him to call back Uche to the national team.

"Keshi has bowed to the pressure to give peace a chance. I think it's a good thing but my hope is that he doesn't disappoint those who fought for his return."

Peters presently the assistant technical director of the national however, felt that Martins should have been handed an invite also, following his recent form in Major League Soccer with Seattle Sounders.

"I think Martins should also be giving a look, his form has been on the ascendancy in the MLS. His recall will probably add to the sharpness of Eagle's attack and bring experience to the attack."

Obafemi Martins.jpg

Back