Politics [LIVE UPDATES] Nigerian Presidential Election Day - General Updates + Photos

Hoodlums Open Fire on Security Agents in Rivers

A soldier and 3 others are feared dead as hoodlums opened fire on security agents in Obio/Akpor local government area of Rivers state.

Apart from the soldier, three other person were killed in Tai, Eleme and Obio/Akpor local government areas of the state.

Supporters of APC in 3 local government areas of the state boycotted the elections due to the refusal of INEC officials to provide result sheets for the elections.

Leadership

'Avoid False Expectations'

President Jonathan's Special Assistant on News Media, Reno Omokri, is urging Nigerians to avoid "false expectation". "Learn from 2011," he tweeted. "Avoid the crisis of false expectations. ONLY @inecnigeria is empowered to announce results. Wait for them.

Corpers Injured in Imo State

Four corps members working as INEC's Ad Hoc staff have been injured as political thugs burn polling units and buses in several villages in Imo state.

The villages include; Awo-Ommama, Akuma, Amagu, Akatta, Amiri, Omuma.

Several Corpers in the village have had their phones smashed so that very few info/pictures leaves the village.

Pulse

Senator Ndume Breaks Down in Tears

A Senator representing Borno South senatorial district, Sen. Ali Ndume, wept after casting his vote at the Internally Displaced Persons’ camp located in Government College, Maiduguri, on Saturday.

“I can’t control my emotion because I see people that were wealthy that were now suffering. People who used to give out to other people had now become beggars. This is the failure of leadership in our country and I hope this election will give us the desired change that we yearn for,” Ndume said.

The Nation

Results so Far

Buhari is winning most of the polling units in the West and the North while President Jonathan is sweeping votes in the South South and South East.

Will there be a run off?

President Jonathan Loses At Aso Villa? Uh Oh

Unconfirmed tallies say the PDP lost at Aso Villa, with APC in the lead.

upload_2015-3-28_21-32-41.png

Back