Sports 2015 AFCON Qualifiers: Joel Obi happy for Eagles call-up

Joel Obi.jpg
Super Eagles and Inter Milan of Italy midfielder, Joel Obi has expressed his delight getting another call-up to come and represent the Nigerian national team.

Joel Obi has been included in the 23-man list named for the upcoming Nations Cup qualifiers against Congo DR and South Africa taking place next month.

Obi, who was left out of the world cup squad in Brazil revealed that he hopes to start on a high for his side’s Serie A campaign against Torino this week, saying that they want to do well at the club this season.

”I am very excited and happy for that because it’s been very difficult for me but now I am fine and I have started playing and so I give God the glory” he told footballlive.ng.

Inter Milan has been very busy in the transfer market as the Serie A prepares to kick-start the 2014/2015 season. Inter will face Torino in their season opener- a game with Obi is confident all three points will be claimed by his team.

“We have a top match this week and we have confidence in ourselves so we are going to do everything possible to win the match”

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Back