Politics 2015 Elections: Jonathan Reveals The 'Real Reasons' Why he Conceded to Buhari

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's former President Goodluck Jonathan during an event in Geneva, has spoken of the tensed moments he faced on March 28, 2015 ahead of his decision to concede victory to President Muhammadu Buhari after that year’s presidential election.

“I was actually in that valley on March 28, 2015. I never knew that the human brain had the capacity for such enhanced rapid thinking.

"One hundred and one things were coursing through my mind every second. My country was at the verge of collapse. The tension in the land was abysmally high and palpable, in the months and days leading to the election.

"The country became more polarized more than ever before, such that the gap between the North and the South and between Christians and Muslims became quite pronounced. In fact, it became so disturbing that some interest groups in the United States began to predict that Nigeria would disintegrate in 2015.

"And, indeed, many Nigerians did buy into this doomsday prophesy as they began to brace themselves for the worst. As the President, I reminded myself that the Government I led had invested so much effort into building our country. I worked hard with my top officials to encourage Nigerians and non-Nigerians to invest in our country to be able to provide jobs and improve the lives of our people.

"We worked hard to grow our economy and to improve and bring Nigeria up as the biggest economy in Africa, with a GDP of about half a trillion dollars.

“Should I then, for the love of power, watch Nigeria slide into a theatre of war, with my fellow country men and women dying, and many more pouring into other nations in Africa and beyond, as refugees?

"Should I hang on to power and tussle with my challengers, while the investments of hard working citizens of the world go down the drain? I then said to myself, NO!

Nigerian Eye

Attachments

• buhari-jonathan-phone-call (1).jpg
    buhari-jonathan-phone-call (1).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 44
Those it mean that he thinks he wins the and deliberately conceded defeat? No I dnt believe him......I guess he recalled what happen to Laurent GBAGBO and God helped him

He didn't do nothing! He was simply a smart alec! He lost the election, he left. For Heavens sake, what's the big deal? A man knows when he's beaten. And Jona knew when to scram. And scrammed, he did?

He didn't do nothing! He was simply a smart alec! He lost the election, he left. For Heavens sake, what's the big deal? A man knows when he's beaten. And Jona knew when to scram. And scrammed, he did?

African leaders do not know when they have been beaten that is why we have the problems we do have. It is not just about GEJ accepting the results... there were people from around the country that would have wanted to stay at all cost. It does not take much for Nigerians to kill each other in the name of misguided ideals promoted by wicked leaders. Let us be grateful that we did not get to sample the alternative outcome.

I got your argument, very valid. Very grateful, sir! Yet, there is danger in portraying that a man holds the salvation of entire race, less he develops the messianic attitude. [emoji107] to (a lot of) Africans leaders!

I got your argument, very valid. Very grateful, sir! Yet, there is danger in portraying that a man holds the salvation of entire race, less he develops the messianic attitude. [emoji107] to (a lot of) Africans leaders!
he is no messiah, he is being applauded for doing the right thing which might be obvious but how many of our LGA chairmen, Governors, Assembly members, Ministers, Pastors, Imams, Traditional Magicians, Prophets and President do the right thing?

That, exactly, is my beef. Big deal, he left! We have been dealt with to the extent that a president we, four years ago, voted for lost this time around and we were expected to beg him to leave! Oh, how our past leaders have robbed us of our rights! I still insist, Jonathan was smart. He wanted (desperately?) to leave, so he left. The tide was just too much against him and he knew it!

For the foolish ones will not comprehend the Noble decision and wisdom that was applied by this Patriotic President we have ever had. GEJ i wish we can have you one day again. Keep reigning

Back