Metro Archbishop Leaves Suicide Note, Jumps Into Lagoon

P

PressRoom

Mgr. Jean Benoit Balla, the Archbishop of Bafia, Cameroon, has reportedly taken his own life by jumping into the Sanaga River around the Ebebda Bridge in Cameroon.

The Catholic community launched a search for the clergyman after his Land Cruiser SUV with registration plate number CE 9503V was found on the Ebebda bridge Wednesday afternoon- about 90km from Yaounde.

A search of the vehicle revealed his ID card, drivers license and car documents. However, the cleric left a handwritten note on the letter head of the diocese.

Attachments

• lagoonn.PNG
    lagoonn.PNG
    342.7 KB · Views: 16
But I hope he didn't impregnate a lady or commit one impunity and decided to bury the shame since no reason was stated in the letter. The Catholics here should please forgive me, it is just that I am trying to guess what could be the possible cause. There are similar cases...

But I hope he didn't impregnate a lady or commit one impunity and decided to bury the shame since no reason was stated in the letter. The Catholics here should please forgive me, it is just that I am trying to guess what could be the possible cause. There are similar cases...
Even if he committed that, is suicide solution. What he preached that God is merciful would have applied.

Back