Sports Arsenal 3-3 Anderlecht: Wenger angry with his team

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has bemoaned his side's capitulation in their UEFA Champions League game against Anderlecht on Tuesday.

The English team blew a three-goal lead to end up drawing 3-3 at the Emirates, despite looking like they already had the game in the bag.

Wenger said that he was angry seeing his side throw away a huge opportunity to win the match.

"We had a poor defensive performance from the first until the last minute. We never looked comfortable and we got punished," said Wenger.

"Annoyed? Yes. It is very disappointing. We were very poor."

"There was a bit of bad luck because their first goal was clearly offside but we never looked good enough defensively," he added.

"It was a combination of fatigue and switching off. We dropped off and were always open. We didn't stop the crosses or the long balls."

And Wenger conceded that it will now be difficult for them to top their group, especially as Borussia Dortmund are already on twelve points.

"For winning the group, you can say that's nearly impossible now," added Frenchman Wenger.

"In the Champions League you need to be at your best mentally and we weren't today. Maybe subconsciously we underestimated Anderlecht at 3-0."

rsz_1rsz_lmk-040659.jpg

[Playfully] I am not an Arsenal fan so I hope I will be allowed to laugh and giggle wildly in here... Hehehehehehehehehehehe... [Frankly] Leading with three goals and ending up with a draw is an anomaly in the present generation of football. I will never respect a team without a formidable defense line because it means no matter how many goals you score, you risk conceding much more... [Fade Out]

[Playfully] I am not an Arsenal fan so I hope I will be allowed to laugh and giggle wildly in here... Hehehehehehehehehehehe... [Frankly] Leading with three goals and ending up with a draw is an anomaly in the present generation of football. I will never respect a team without a formidable defense line because it means no matter how many goals you score, you risk conceding much more... [Fade Out]
Well they are becoming akin to such scenarios. Rewind back to their game against Newcastle some years back, leading 4-0 and ended up drawing 4-4. So this one... well just joined the queue.

Back