Politics Atiku Looks At 3 Critical Issues That Needs Urgent Attention

P

ProfRem

Former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar on Sunday looked at three main critical issues that needs urgent attention ahead of 2019 Election.

The former vice president, and now chieftain of the main opposition party, PDP, accused President Muhammadu Buhari of abandoning most of the promises of the APC during the 2015 election, including assurances that three million jobs would be created per year.

Massive employment

The urgent need to empower the Nigerian youth through massive creation of employment opportunities were the focus a speech delivered by Atiku Abubakar when the former vice president formally returned the Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday.

“I have found in my travels across the country that whenever I get into conversationswith young people their number one concern is whether they will be able to get a job for without a job they have no means of sustaining themselves or begin a family,” Atiku stated in his official move to the PDP which was streamed live on Facebook.

He said he has created over 50,000 direct jobs and 250,000 indirect jobs in my own state of Adamawa.

Economy

The Nigerian economy has been haemorrhaging jobs and the youth are particularly hard hit.

Nigerian youth unemployment rate reached an all time high at 25.20 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2016, and it has not significantly eased since then.

Security

“Without the security of a job we cannot have security in our country,” Mr. Abubakar said. “So without jobs there is no future for you or for Nigeria.”

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 7
Back