Politics Bayelsa: Fayose Congratulates Dickson for Victory Over APC

L

LequteMan

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has congratulated Governor Seriake Dickson for his recent victory in the Bayelsa state supplementary elections.

Dickson defeated APC's Timipre Sylva by a margin of 48,148 votes.

In a statement, Fayose described the victory as a demonstration of the resolve of Bayelsa State people to choose their own governor and resist imposition of a governor on them by the powers that be in Abuja.

“I congratulate Governor Dickson for this sweet victory. I salute Bayelsa people for standing firm against terror. I sympathise with families of those that were murdered and I urge Nigerians to take note of the systematic destruction of democracy by the APC government in Abuja," the statement released by his spokesman Lere Olayinka said.

“If the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) could not conduct a free and fair election in just eight Local Governments in one month, one wonders how long it will take INEC to conduct the president election that will be held in 774 Local Governments in 2019.”

He also said that the legacy of free, fair and credible elections bequeathed on Nigeria by the government of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan was already being destroyed by the President Mohammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress government owing to the APC’s desperation to take over all states in the country by crude means.

Attachments

• ayo fayose.jpg
    ayo fayose.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 8
Back