Politics Bola Tinubu: Why I'm Not in Regular Public Consultation With Buhari Again

L

LequteMan

Ahmed Bola Tinubu, a stalwart of the All Progressive Congress, APC, on Monday expressed confidence in President Muhammadu Buhari.

“We worked hard to bring about the government, there are certain things that are unpredictable and those are things that can lean itself to gossips, insinuations and all of that,” he said after a high-powered meeting with APC bigwigs and the president.

He also explained why he was not in regular public consultation with the president.

“Once you create leadership and it’s functioning you don’t have to babysit that leadership unless there is a loss of confidence; and I don’t have that,” he said.

He added that the APC is a party of the people, “each of us have our roles to play and that is why we are playing it. I don’t believe in the myth, I believe in confidence building, the trust that we have in the president.”

He said in a democracy such as Nigeria’s there is bound to be “twists and turns” as well as conflicts. He, however, said there are mechanisms to handle such conflicts within the APC.

Attachments

• Bola-Tinubu-BellaNaija.jpg
    Bola-Tinubu-BellaNaija.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 10
Back