Metro Borno: Governor Shettima Orders Local Government Employees to Work at Night

kemi

Social Member
Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, has directed staff of three local government running satellite secretariats to work at day and night in order to cater for the need of Internally Displaced Persons in the areas.

shettima 1 painted.jpg

The local government areas are: Bama, Marte, Gwoza

The governor said this on Friday shortly after caretaker chairmen for the 27 local government areas were sworn in for a term of six months at a mini-ceremony held at the multi-purpose hall of the Government House in Maiduguri.

He added that the local government chairmen will be held responsible if cases of shortage in welfare facilities arise at the local governments.

”I will hold chairmen responsible if I hear any complaints whether of shortage or lack of food, water, access to primary healthcare or absence of teachers at any IDP camp unless it is evident that chairmen made frantic efforts to bring such cases to the notice of appropriate authorities and in which case, the right persons will be held accountable.’

”Chairmen must therefore come up with roasters that would ensure deployments of their officials to all IDP camps on rotational basis and whoever’s turn it is, must be stationed at the camp.

”I expect to see officials of local government areas spending the night at IDP camps if for nothing else, to supervise the welfare of their people and to help them in their healing process and to give confidence to them. It is a must that at all times, there must be at least one or two officials of local government at every camp which has citizens of respective local government areas.”

The governor also informed them that he may visit any of the local government secretariats unscheduled.

Back