Sports Boxing: Mayweather is afraid to fight me - Pacquiao

Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao believes that the undefeated American champion Floyd Mayweather has no option but to fight.

The proposed fight between the two has dragged on for a long time, with both parties failing to reach an agreement on what would be suitable for both camps.

Although some have argued that Mayweather does not want to fight Pacquiao who has thrown many challenges at him, because he is scared of losing.

“He (Mayweather) has reached a dead end. He has nowhere to run but to fight me,” Pacquiao was quoted as saying in a report on Skysports.

“I will try my best to make this a thrilling and entertaining fight. But I doubt if he’s gonna engage me in a slugfest.

“You all know his fighting style. Most of his previous fights, if not all, induced us to sleep.”

Pacquiao insisted that he knows what to do to beat Mayweather, and also refuted suggestions that the sharing formula of the revenues had stalled the fight.

“I know what I have to do. I will chase him wherever he goes just in case he decides to run around the ring. We will devise a good fight plan against him,” Pacquiao said.

“Mayweather can get the amount he wants. As early as January this year, I challenged him to a charity fight. Until now, he has not agreed to it. So, money is not the issue in our fight,” he added.

“This fight is about legacy, this is about making the fans happy and, above all, this is for the good of boxing.

Manny_Pacquiao.jpg

Back