Politics Buhari Accepts Responsibility For Evils Committed During Military Dictatorship But Won't Apologize

A

abujagirl

Muhammadu Buhari, former head of state and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC on Thursday said he accepts for actions done in his name during his time as military head of state; VANGUARD reports.

Buhari made the comment in Lagos during an interactive session with women.

He said, ''As military head of state, there are two things I did and I have since accepted them as a leader. It is true that the bulk of everything lands on the table of Mr President, so the things that happened, I accept my responsibility but I cannot undo the past but as a President of the future, I have taken note.

''The two issues anyone can accuse me of is the shooting of drug pushers and decree number four which affects the Journalists''

Buhari however failed to apologize for the evils committed in his name. He simply concluded his speech by saying , ''If you do your research well, you will realize the reason why the Supreme Military Council of that time took those decisions''.

Buhari 1.jpg
#Buhari

Back