Politics Buhari Didn't Lie, He Discussed Nigeria's Unity With My Father - Ojukwu Jr

M

mrsam

First son of late Biafran warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, Emeka Ojukwu, Jr. yesterday said President Muhammadu Buhari didn't lie in his broadcast when he revealed he discussed with Ojukwu the unity of Nigeria

Media reports had already gone round that Emeka Ojukwu released a press statement saying that Buhari lied in his speech concerning the discussions he had with his father. This he has denied in a press statement made available to reporters in Awka.

“I want to state in an unequivocal terms that at no time did l grant any interview to any media or post anything on the social media.”

His reaction followed stories making the round in the social media that he (Ojukwu Jr.) replied Buhari’s statements as untrue which Biafra agitators have been describing as lies, demanding proof of President Buhari’s meeting with the late Ikemba.

Continuing, Ojukwu Jr. stated that his father really held a meeting with Buhari before he died, adding that what Buhari said in the broadcast was true.

“It has been brought to my attention that there is an article making the rounds on social media attributed to me, refuting the remarks of Mr. President concerning his relationship and discussions with my late father.

“Let me state categorically that I made no such comments to anybody, and secondly, that I am aware that Buhari’s comments were indeed factual.

“I have noticed a disturbing trend recently of fake news being attributed to me on social media. I don’t know who is behind it or what their motivation might be but let me assure you that any time I feel the need to comment publicly on any matter, I will not do so via some anonymous email or anything.”

Ojukwu Jr. admonished the public to reject the news that he accused Buhari of telling lies, warning that such negative publications would not be taken lightly henceforth.

He also urged the president not to take such comments serious as it smacked of gutter and yellow media reportage aimed at overheating the polity.

Attachments

• buhari and ojukwu.jpg
    buhari and ojukwu.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
Back