Politics Buhari Drops Hint About His Re-election Bid in 2019

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday dropped a hint about his re-election bid in 2019.

The President gave the hint in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire where he is attending the 5th European Union-African Union (EU-AU) Summit.

He was accompanied on the trip by a leader of the governing APC, Bola Tinubu, and governors Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom and Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi states among others.

buharoIgbuniform.jpg

The president arrived late to an interactive session with the Nigerian community in Cote d’Ivoire Tuesday night and said he had to wait for the two governors to accompany him to the meeting because of their electoral value.

“First I want to apologise for keeping you for too long sitting, this is because I insisted on the governors attending this meeting.

“This is why I came along with them so that when we are going to meet you, when you are going to meet the rest of Nigerians, if you tell them that their governors were in the company of the president, I think that will be another vote for me in the future. I’m very pleased that they were able to turn up,” Mr. Buhari said to thunderous laughter and clapping by the audience.

Back