Politics Buhari Is 'Too Much Slow' Over SGF, NIA DG Probe Report – Itse Sagay

P

ProfRem

The Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption (PACAC), Professor Itse Sagay, has said that the federal government has been “much too slow” and called for definitive action on the fate of the suspended Secretary to the Federal Government, Mr Babachir Lawal, and Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency,

This is coming as the report findings continued to generate debate and attract criticism for the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Prof Sagay said in an interview on Channels Television Politics Today on Sunday.

bua.png

Despite faulting the pace of the probe, Professor Sagay has no doubt about the commitment of the government in fighting corruption.

“I have no doubt in my mind that the present government is actually fighting corruption in accordance with its mandate and promises. There is no question about that,” he said.

“But on the specific issue of the suspended Secretary to the Federal Government and the Director of the NIA, I would agree that action has been much too slow and there should be immediate decision on this matter so that we can put it to rest and move on. I agree with that.”

Back