Politics Buhari Would Never Relinquish Power Like Jonathan Did - Obanikoro

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, has stated that the ruling APC government would rather allow Nigeria to go to shreds than hand over power willingly if it loses an election.

Speaking in an interview with Premium Times, Obanikoro condemned the government for going after members of the PDP for corruption while there are several petitions against some of its members.

According to him, APC is also corrupt and didn't win the last election with clean hands.

"Let them tell us how APC elections were funded if it was not government funds that they used. So why are you persecuting people that lost election and maturely and showing respect for peace and tranquility of Nigeria submitted themselves to the rule of law and accepted the verdict of the people and you’re now turning around to witchhunt them?" he queried.

"Maybe they’re trying to tell Nigerians in advance that if they lose elections they will not let go. And I have two good examples to show that if the APC loses election they will never hand over, they would rather destroy the system than hand over government to the winner. My son was a victim in Lagos. We won elections and they refused to hand over without blinking an eye. The councillorship election of my son and chairmanship elections were won by the PDP and they took everything away from them—just like that." he said.

He also begged the government to begin proceedings to extradite him from the United States. He's convinced that the process will expose the government's ineptitude, bias and disobedience of the rule of law.

Ex President Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP had conceded defeat and handed over willingly when he lost the presidential elections in 2015.

Attachments

• obanikoro.jpg
    obanikoro.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 13
Back