Politics Bullet-proof cars: FG silent on Oduah probe- Daily Trust

L

LequteMan

Officials have refused to comment on the activities of the panel instituted by President Goodluck Jonathan to investigate the purchase of two bullet-proof cars for the use of Aviation Minister Stella Oduah, a week after the committee’s lifespan.

Jonathan set up the three-man committee, headed by erstwhile head of service Isa Bello Sali, on October 23 with a two-week deadline to investigate the cars purchase scandal and submit a report.

Several telephone calls between Monday and yesterday to Sam Nwaobasi, the spokesman for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, were not answered. A text message sent to him seeking for information on progress of the panel’s work was also not replied to.

Source: Daily Trust

see more http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/10040-bullet-proof-cars-fg-silent-on-oduah-probe

Attachments

• stella oduah.jpg
    stella oduah.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
If the committee had come up with a report and successfully published it, then it would have been really newsworthy.

This is Nigeria. This is how things work, for now. Let's stop having high expectations for this country, the resulting heartbreak is killing.

@phealip are you saying we shouldn't hope for better things?

Hope is your divine inheritance. That's not what I meant.

To "highly" except things to change so soon is at your own expense. That was why I added the "for now" clause to my statement. A life without hope is meaningless.

I for one believe in the future of Nigeria. I also believe that some constants have to be miraculously removed for the Nigerian equation to balance.

Ok. We'll just lay low and fold our hands while we wait, patiently. Innit?

Bullcrap. :mad:

Mounting pressure on those lazygrownbuttockmen will make them know how heavy their job is and to take it more seriously. They are supposed to be done with the job by now. THAEM! :mad: :mad:

I find your anger outburst a bit ludicrous, if I may add.

For over 50 years we have had brave Nigerians like yourself speak up with rage against the unjust treatment poured out by people who swore to act just. Why has nothing changed?

...because deep down, Nigerians are cowards. We seek vain glory. Few men have dared to speak out to challenge this injustice but when they expect the Nigerian people to start a revolution, we cower into our homes and defend only our own.

@Lequte I believe in you. The time of just talking has elapsed. It's time you lead an action against the government. Pray the Nigerian people will come to your aid.

Like I said bro, I believe in u.

We are privileged to be alive at a time like this, when we can get away with insulting Mr. President and his cabinet.

All talk and no action. Docile. Typical Nigerian.

You have no right to cast the first stone if you also commit adultery.

I am with @phealip on this one sir.

But things have changed. We are having the discussion. In days gone by they would take all the magazines from the news-stand, arrest the publishers and reporters etc. How we all long for the good old days with very little understanding of what use to happen. Listen to Fela's music - listen to the names, the issues, the cries, the words.

Everybody has an agenda - the media, the parties - everybody.

All talk and no action. Docile. Typical Nigerian.

You have no right to cast the first stone if you also commit adultery.

I think you got it all wrong Mister. You are the "all talk, no action, docile, typical Nigerian". I took my time to explain that to you earlier. How did the tables turn?

I stated I believed in you in your crusade on "mounting pressure on those lazygrownbuttockmen" you so passionately wrote about.

How did I become the bad guy all of a sudden?

Back