Metro Catholics Tackle Rev. Chris Okotie on "Catholics will go to Hell" Sermon

A

abujagirl

Catholics have reacted to the recent troubling outburst of Rev. Chris Okotie, founder of Household of God Church. Last Sunday, while delivering the sermon, the popular televangelist and politician is alleged to have said, “The Catholic church is a counterfeit church set up by Satan. Catholics bow to idols and crucify Jesus every Sunday when they eat bread claiming they are eating Jesus’ body.

Okotie also declared that all Catholics will go to hell. He further tried to justify his utterances by adding that were not uttered out of disrespect but out of respect for the word of God.

A post on his Facebook account on Tuesday afternoon reinforces the argument. It simply read, “Re- Catholicism: Truth is bitter. It lacks saccharine delights.

In reaction to Okotie's outbursts, a group called Nigerians Catholics on Facebook have issued a statement which read, "The unguarded utterances of Chris Okotie to fellow Christians who chose to practise their dogma in their own way shows how irresponsible and ill-mannered he is.

“Antagonising another church with a different principle of worshiping, but with no difference in faith professed, portrays Christ Okotie in bad light and casts negative shadows on his purported ministry in Christendom.

“Chris Okotie should know that if over 1 billion Catholics will go to hell because of the way they worship their God, he too is not exempted. I want to state clearly to Chris Okotie that over 1 billion Catholics going to hell will only happen in the figment of his imagination. In fact, if I am to use what is written in the Bible concerning marriage and divorce to humanly judge Chris Okotie, then he is already number one candidate of hell.

One SirPhilip Audrei O wrote, “Chris you are just seeking cheap publicity after not being in the news lately...that's so condescending and disappointing of you.

Chima Emmanuel Okereke also wrote, "Chris check yourself into the closest rehab before you overdose okay. The whole world thinks that you've finally gone mad and I feel bad for you. All we can do is pray for you because it seems as though God is punishing you for something. Confess your sins now and shame the devil. Did you go to babarawo?.

Several other Catholics had very colorful, unprintable words to say to the man of God, a few just prayed for him and urged Mary to help him find forgiveness.

upload_2013-12-4_8-42-56.png

Tit for tat. You are not expected to throw stones if you live in a house made with glasses.

Sir Philip Audrey said it all, he knew the intent of our grammarian pastor and he passed his judgement on him. Nice.

I wouldn't like Catholics to let P. Chris off the hook easily.

We know, don't we, that Chris is eccentric, maybe even insane? LOL. The catholics spoke well. I am not in pastor Chris' school of thought at all...

^^Neither am I. Such schools of thought should be dead by the 22nd century.

Back