Metro Civillian JTF clash in Borno; 5 killed

A

abujagirl

images

Two youth volunteer groups, popularly called civilian JTF clashed in Biu town of Borno state, leaving at least five persons dead.

Mr. Abdullahi Mohammed, who sustained gunshot injury during the incident and is currently receiving treatment at the Federal Medical Center (FMC) in Gombe state confirmed the incident.

According to Abdullahi Mohammed, the trouble started when a group of civilian JTF from Maiduguri, the state capital accompanied by soldiers invaded Biu town in search of Boko Haram terrorist.

“The Civilian JTF in Biu had asked those that came from Maiduguri to leave the town because their presence in the town is likely to cause more harm than good to residents of Biu town”, Mohammed said.

According to him, it was in the process of rejection of the Maiduguri civilian JTF that fight ensued between the two youth groups, leading to the killing of five persons.

He said: “I saw five dead bodies before I was rushed to FMC in Gombe. It is possible the casualty figure may be more than five because only two of us the survived the shooting from soldiers before we were taken to the hospital, I can’t tell where other dead bodies were deposited”.

The casualty is said to be mostly the civilian JTF in Biu town and other innocent civilians who were close to the scene of the incident.

No official reports has been released on the clash.

Back