Metro Cultists Kill Tailor in Lagos, Dance Round His Corpse

kemi

Social Member
A father of two identified as Segun Showemimo, has been killed by suspected cult members numbering about four, all dressed in black clothes and blue berets, in his shop at the Ikorodu area of Lagos state on Saturday afternoon.

ikorodu attack.jpg

The suspects stormed the area on two motorcycles and started shooting sporadically into the air to register their presence in the community as residents scamper for their safety.

Speaking to Punch correspondent, the deceased’s brother, identified only as Morufu, said the cult members stoned the body of his brother who is a tailor after they shot him dead.

Morufu said: “My room window is close to my late brother’s shop. What surprised me most was that after they shot him on the chest and in the head, on their way out of his shop, they brought out stones from the polythene bags they were carrying and started stoning his remains.

“They also danced round the body before they left. We were helpless. Nobody could confront them because we were not armed, but they were fully armed with locally made pistols.

“What led to his killing is what I don’t understand because he was an easy going person.”

Confirming the report on Monday, the state police spokesperson, Dolapo Badmus, said policemen from Igbogbo Division evacuated Showemimo’s body, adding that investigations were ongoing to ascertain the reason for the attack.

Back