Metro Defence Minister Reveals Why Top Officers of the Nigerian Army Were Sacked

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Minister of Defence, Brig.-Gen. Mansur Dan-Ali, has given reasons for the recent retirement of 38 top officers of the Nigerian Army.

According to him the exercise is part of an ongoing reform in the Armed Forces of Nigeria, rather than a witch-hunt.

Related: Nigerian Army Sacks 38 Top Officers

The minister explained that the affected officers were indicted for offences ranging from professional misconduct to financial corruption.

“What we did was to make sure that all those that were indicted in one way or the other for both professional corruption and monetary corruption, had the opportunity to defend themselves.

“ What I mean by professional corruption is soldiers’ involvement in partisan politics; if you are partisan, then you are professionally corrupt; you will be asked to go; that was what happened.

“Of course, they were given fair hearing; they were called by a board and they went and testified.

“Don’t forget that in the military, there is no half way to doing things; the moment you are found wanting, you have to succumb and you will go.’’

Attachments

• defence minister.jpg
    defence minister.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 16
Mr. Minister, this statement isn't true, especially for Maj. Gen. T. C. Ude the present STF Commander, OP Safe Haven in Jos!
I dare you to prove me wrong sir, bring proofs that makes him culpable, proving to the entire world that am lying; if not i put it to you that this is complete and total witch hunt!!
Simply because he isn't from the northern extraction, and not a Muslim; knowing fully well that he is a great material and contender for the COAS, so you can pave way for your own!!!

Back