Politics Dele Momodu - The Ghost of June 12 Is Still Haunting Nigeria

A

abujagirl

Dele Momodu, Publisher of Ovation Magazine in an interview with PUNCH Newspaper talked about his relationship with acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993 election , MKO Abiola.

dele momodu.jpg

Momodu also spoke of the impact June 12 has had on Nigeria.

''June 12 has been killed but I believe it has not been buried. The ghost of June 12 is what is haunting Nigeria today. Whatever happened then would be a subject for historians, I have decided that I must write the little account of what I witnessed. In politics, there are always treacherous people and they know themselves.

''There is nothing Abiola needed to do that he did not do. I think it was destiny that had a hand in it. Some may say that if he had not insisted on his mandate, he would be alive but I ask, alive to be what? What else would he have been? God already made him to be a man bigger than many presidents in the world, so the next level to go is martyrdom but we are all afraid to be martyrs. God chose to make Abiola a martyr and that means victory over your enemies. People conspired against him. He was not a perfect human being because no one is but he was very close to perfection in the sense that he loved humanity.

Back