Politics Dogara Seized My Office to Destroy Evidence of Corruption Against Him- Jibrin

L

LequteMan

Hon. Abdulmumin Jibrin has alleged that the recent invasion of his office after he was suspended was to secure evidence of corruption against House leader, Yakubu Dogara, and others.

Speaking on Friday, he said : "The media witnessed the volumes of 2016 budget documents and 53 files that were carted away from my office and handed to Speaker Dogara.

"I have exercised extreme caution and refused to touch any document in my office since the crisis started. I have raised alarm that Dogara wants to destroy evidence, but the good news is that we have more than enough already in case of prosecution,” Jibrin stated.

“This episode is a defining moment for the fight against corruption in Nigeria I wish to plead to the general public that we should concentrate on the grievous allegations I have raised rather than unfairly attacking me, the messenger. The fact that I am raising corruption allegations does not confer on me any immunity from being investigated if allegations are raised against me,” he said.

He also challenged any of the 359 members of the House to sign a corruption petition against him. None has done so because "there is nothing," he said.

“Only faceless and discredited individuals and groups are used to divert attention by spreading allegations that all turned out false,” he concluded.

Attachments

• jibrin.png
    jibrin.png
    353.3 KB · Views: 28
Back