Sports Emem Eduok vows to be Nigeria's best player ever

Dolphins Striker Emem Eduok has vowed to become one of Super Eagles' best forwards as the country prepares to face Congo and South Africa in the remaining games of the 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifiers.

Eduok showed what he can do playing for Nigeria, netting the only goal in the 1-0 victory of the Homebased Eagles over Ghana last Friday.

Already in the league, Eduok has netted 20 goals for Dolphins this season, with Enyimba's striker, Mfon Udoh the only person to have outscored him in the league this season.

"I was very happy to play on my home ground for the Super Eagles. It was also a special occasion for me scoring in front of my President and state governor and most importantly the winning goal," Eduok told Goal.

"I was not under any pressure, though it was my quest to showcase myself in front of my home fans. I'm excited by the opportunity of playing for the Super Eagles.

"I want to keep improving on my game as my best is yet to come. I will continue to do my best at club level to establish myself in the national team. I also want to be a legend too," he said.

Meanwhile, Eduok has urged Nigerians to keep calm as the Super Eagles seek nothing short of victory in their crucial qualifying games against Congo and South Africa this weekend.

"I promise Nigerians that we will qualify for the Nations Cup. We will win in Congo and Uyo. I will do my best to score if given a chance to play," he added.

emem-eduok.jpg
Photo Credit: Heraldng.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Back