Business Financial Times: Osinbajo Meeting Nigeria's Expectations in Buhari's Absence

L

LequteMan

The Financial Times of London has published an article which states clearly that Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has been meeting the expectations of Nigeria since President Muhammadu Buhari left for vacation over a month ago.

Written by Maggie Fick, the Financial Times said:

Still some in government note that Mr Osinbajo has used the president’s absence to push ahead with the sort of action Nigerians have been hoping for since electing Mr Buhari two years ago.

“People are happier with the performance and style of the vice-president — he’s more decisive, active and charismatic,” said a senior government official.

Even some elites from Mr Buhari’s stronghold in the north say the country is running better with his deputy at the helm. Mr Osinbajo has been chairing lengthy cabinet meetings and working with parliament to pass legislation and fill important positions, such as the chair for the Supreme Court’s chief justice. This week, he unveiled a “60-day action plan” to lure investment to Nigeria.

Click here to read full article

Attachments

• osinbajo aeroplane.jpg
    osinbajo aeroplane.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 3
Unku @Temitope I'm as confused as Femi. I don't know what to pray for.

The vice President looks disciplined and pragmatic and to me it seems his feet fit the presidential shoes perfectly. But like @curator said, everyone has skeletons in their cupboards, saints included.

Moreover, the northern cabal wouldn't want him to continue, and there are whispers upandan that he's Tinubu's stooge. So in effect, "Tinubu is currently the President of Nigeria." Or "Acting President."

The vice President looks disciplined and pragmatic and to me it seems his feet fit the presidential shoes perfectly. But like @curator said, everyone has skeletons in their cupboards, saints included.

Moreover, the northern cabal wouldn't want him to continue, and there are whispers upandan that he's Tinubu's stooge. So in effect, "Tinubu is currently the President of Nigeria." Or "Acting President."

Don't call my name o!

The PR machine now working overdrive... it will make it harder to dislodge him. The new song in Lagos - Winner o o o, Winner!

Statement from Tinubu - What OBJ can do, I can do better!!

I guess Nigeria is better run this way irrespective of which loyal angle you are. What majority of us want is a working government that an ordinary citizen will feel its impacts. To some, they don't even mind if you are embezzling the whole FG purse, in as much as there are laudable programmes, achievements, three square meals per day quaranteed, unemployment drastically reduces and economy is buoyant.

It is just the saying: "my wife is using me as source of wealth, I have fleet of cars, family living fine, I command respect and well to do in society", Abeg, the wife should continue the usage.

The PR machine now working overdrive... it will make it harder to dislodge him. The new song in Lagos - Winner o o o, Winner!

Statement from Tinubu - What OBJ can do, I can do better!!

Tinubu knows he'll have to wait a while before he can utter that statement in his head. There are still many pieces left on the chess board.

@RemmyAlex I agree the country needs to be run pragmatically but you have to understand that the honeymoon period is always sweet.

Wait until we start hearing stuff about him. Then everything he does wouldn't look so good in people's eyes. (I hope he remains steadfast then)

After Jonathan, Nigerians wanted a Buhari Presidency. A year later, over 50% of them are cursing the Buhari presidency.

Back