Former Real Madrid President claims Ronaldo could walk out of the club

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Former Real Madrid President,Ramon Calderon,believes that the club is pressing the panic button in their pursuit of Tottenham winger,Gareth Bale.
Madrid are believed to have launched a world record bid for Bale,with Calderon insinuating that Madrid are after the player,because they are uncertain about the future of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo is stalling on extending his contract with Madrid,and the player has only two more years left on his contract with the Spanish giants.
Madrid have made Bale their number one transfer target,with the club willing to go overboard to sign him,and ready to pay over £100m for him.
Speaking on talkSPORT,the former Real Madrid President believes that Ronaldo is unhappy with the current President,Florentino Perez,and could walk away from the club.
“I think the president has put all he has on the table (for Bale) just in case he cannot get the renewal of Cristiano,” Calderon said. “He is afraid that, at some moment, Cristiano will go and that would be very bad news for Real Madrid,” he added.
“What we know is he [Ronaldo] is not happy at all with the attitude and behaviour of the president. At the start of last season, he tried to talk to the president about the renewal of his contract and the talks did not go well.”
“Now I understand he is asking for €20 million net every season. That is going to be difficult for Real Madrid to accept because it is around €40 million every year for the club to pay and that is the situation now.”
But Calderon believes that Madrid will definitely land Gareth Bale,despite Tottenham’s stance that they don’t want to sell him.
“At first, the Spurs president was angry because you don’t want to lose a player like that, but when Bale says he wants to leave, you have to accept it,” he said.
“I think this is very good news for Real Madrid, but I think it is good for Tottenham too because they will get a lot of money,” he said. “He is a fantastic player, and of course the top players are worth a lot to their clubs.”
“This is a huge amount of money and it is always controversial in these days to pay that amount of money. I agreed with the fee for Cristiano at the time and it seems the Real president feels it is right to pay this money for Gareth Bale. I think [Bale move] will happen now. They have made many offers — they change the offers, try to offer different players.”

Continue reading...

Back