Metro FUTA to Launch Satellite NigeriaEdusat-1 Into Space

L

LequteMan

The Federal University of Technology, Akure, has announced that it will launch a satellite into space in partnership with other local and international organisations.

In a statement released on Tuesday, FUTA said the satellite belonged to Japan, Ghana, Mongolia, Nigeria and Bangladesh, and would be launched into Space from Kennedy Space Centre in Florida, USA.

The Nigerian CubeSat, code name NigeriaEdusat-1, is designed, built and owned by the university in collaboration with National Space Research and Development Agency, NASRDA, Abuja, Nigeria, and Kyushu Institute of Technology Japan.

Ibukun Adebolu of FUTA’s Department of Mechanical Engineering is the representative of Nigeria on the project. It is the first ever university satellite to be launched in Nigeria.

The major objective of NigeriaEdusat-1 is capacity building, i. e. domesticating the satellite technology in a Nigerian university, FUTA, and making the technology a common business among staff and students of the university in Nigeria for the purpose of research, resources and environmental management and sustainable socio-economic development of the nation.

Attachments

• futa launch satellite.jpg
    futa launch satellite.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 8
If it's made in 9ja, who knows, this thing might not reach the space before falling down and kill innocent people and probably destroy houses..Anyways, i will just find one bunker and hide myself on that very day. I don't need stories that touches the heart..

Back