Politics Goodluck Jonathan Speaks on PDP Leadership Crisis

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's former President Goodluck Jonathan has described the current leadership crisis rocking the PDP as a normal thing.

Addressing the party's Board of Trustee members on Wednesday evening, Jonathan said the party's stakeholders should join forces together to combat the crisis.

“Unfortunately, we have been challenged, but I don’t think you should be discouraged. Challenges are part of life, even in families there are challenges.

“There are challenges even in the Church more than what may be happening at political level. So you should not be discouraged, and I believe, collectively, we can solve it.

“This should not be beyond us but I believe that collectively, we can resolve it. Any sincere PDP member should know that the party is bigger than an individual. And many members have sacrificed their interests for the party.

“I have been talking to individuals but not in a way that is exposed to the media. But I believe I should do more.”

He also urged party members to be strong and be a worthy opposition party to the APC.

The Nation

Attachments

• jonathan during debate.jpg
    jonathan during debate.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 10
Back