L

LequteMan

Rivers state governor Nyesom Wike has given the Nigerian Navy 7 days to make use of the 8 gunboats he donated to the agency or return it to him.

“I gave the navy the gun boats to patrol the territorial waters of Rivers State to combat sea piracy and criminal activities on our waterways," he said on Monday while evaluating his performance in the past 2 years.

“The gun boats were bought with Rivers money. I did not give the navy the gun boats to provide marine security to other states. I am yet to see the involvement of the gun boats in combating sea piracy and criminal activities in our waterways.”

“If the navy is not prepared to deploy the gun boats I gave them to patrol the waterways of Rivers State in the next seven days, then, the gun boats should be returned to us.

“I told them when I gave them the gun boats to deploy them in patrolling the waterways of the state. Other states receive statutory monthly allocation as Rivers State, so, we will not accept a situation where gun boats bought with Rivers money will be used to provide marine security for other states.”

Attachments

• nyesom wike3.jpg
    nyesom wike3.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 14
Back