Politics Gov Wike 'Manhandled' by DSS Operatives in Rivers State

L

LequteMan

Governor Nyesom Wike in the early hours of Saturday was accosted by a combined team of DSS operatives and the Nigerian police at the residence of a Rivers state judge.

Reports say the security men had stormed the judge’s 35/94B residence, Force Avenue, Port Harcourt around 1am with the intent to abduct him.

Wike however prevented them from whisking him away.

Speaking afterwards, Governor Wike said he never expected to be involved in such fiasco with the armed men.

“The DSS, Police they cocked their guns and said they will shoot me. And I told them I have never heard this type of thing happen before. Again this is to show that more of this will come.”

“What has happened this night it is unfortunate. Even in military government it has never happened like this , you listen to people. That is why we are here. I said not under my watch will I allow this type of activity take place.

The security men should've invited the judge and if he had ignored the invitation then other legal steps should have been taken, he said.

He added that he didn't bother to know the name of the judge but he only had to come out to stop the attempted abduction because as Chief Security of the state he would not allow such lawlessness take place in his state.

Attachments

• nyesom wik.jpg
    nyesom wik.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
Back