Sports Has Osaze Odemwingie really apologised ?

osaze-keshi.jpg
Nigerian international Osaze Odemwingie could be making a return to the national team after reports emerged that the Stoke City player has apologised to Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi.

Odemwingie last featured for Nigeria in 2012 after falling out of favour with the technical crew following his omission from the Super Eagles team that went to the 2013 Nations Cup in South Africa.

The 32-year old went a tirade of rants attacking both the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) and also Keshi.

But it appears that Odemwingie has now tabled an apology to Keshi in order to be part of Nigeria's team to the World Cup.

According to Vanguard Sports ,Keshi has accepted Odemwingie's apology and is set to recall him to the national team.

"Keshi is human and was touched by the change of heart of Osaze in asking for forgiveness. He(Keshi) wants the best for the Super Eagles. Since Osaze is doing well in his club and has shown remorse, he will soon open the doors for the ‘’prodigal son’’, a source told the Newspaper.

Meanwhile,Odemwingie continued in his fine goalscoring form for Stoke City,scoring a brace in their 3-1 win of West Ham.

It is his third goal for Stoke in the league since joining from Cardiff in January,and he is now knocking on the door for a place on the plane to Brazil with Nigeria.

Well his goal for Stoke over the weekend should be seen as an apology. It was absolutely fantastic.

I am not his greatest fan but I think he probably booked his seat on the plan to Brazil :)

Well his goal for Stoke over the weekend should be seen as an apology. It was absolutely fantastic.

I am not his greatest fan but I think he probably booked his seat on the plan to Brazil :)
He would be a great addition to the Super Eagles,and there aren't many Nigerian attackers better than him at the moment.

Back