Metro How Militants Murdered My Husband in My presence – Mrs Ramota Buhari

kemi

Social Member
One Mrs. Ramota Buhari has lamented the death of her husband, Waheed Buhari, who was killed by men, suspected to be militants in Ogun State.

militants.jpg

The gunmen reportedly invaded Imushin community in Ogijo, Sagamu Local Government Area of the state at the weekend.

The assailants believed to be militants were reportedly on a revenge mission. They also shot her 13-year-old daughter, New Telegraph reports.

Narrating her ordeal, Ramota said Waheed was shot and killed moments after he stepped out to urinate.

The grieving widow said, “I held him and was screaming for help, when I heard that my daughter had also been shot.

“My family usually goes to bed earlier than 11pm, but because it was Ramadan and the kids had gone to lecture in one of the mosques, we decided to wait for them.

“After my husband had ushered the children in, he stepped out to urinate. What I heard next were loud noise of gunshots.

“Waheed fell down and died on the spot,” Mrs Buhari narrated.

Scores were alleged to have been killed by the rampaging militants who claimed their colleagues were killed.

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Muyiwa Adejobi, said the militants were about 100.

He said, “Information from witnesses showed that the hoodlums were militants and they came from the riverine area. But we have not confirmed this, as investigations are ongoing.

“We are particularly interested in why they came in such a large number.”

Back