Sports I’m Used To Working Without Salary – Eagles New Coach Rohr

kemi

Social Member
The new technical adviser for Nigeria’s Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, says he is not bothered about his salary for now, as he is focused on building a formidable national team for the country.

rohr uyo.jpg

Mr. Rohr spoke on Thursday in Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State, in his maiden pre-match press briefing, ahead of the Saturday encounter between Nigeria and Tanzania taking place at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in the city.

He was responding to a reporter’s question about having thick skin to work with the Nigeria Football Federation known for shoddy treatment of coaches.

Mr. Rohr, a German, said he has experienced such harsh conditions, having worked for six to eight months without salaries as coach of Niger’s national team.

“My problem at the moment is not when my salary is coming; my problem is building a national team,” he said. “We have a contract, and I see everyone who signed the contract as being honest.”

Rohr said he came with “German mentality”, and that he was proud to be in Nigeria. His mission, he said, was to take the country to Russia for the 2018 world cup.

Back